Are you ready to make a change in the energy transition and have a positive impact on the climate? Join the Unbound Potential (UP) team, a Swiss startup founded in 2023 by a group of passionate engineers, chemists, and economists from ETH Zürich.
We envision a resilient electrified society, independent not only from fossil fuels, but also from critical mined materials, such as Lithium-ion or Vanadium. How can we reach that goal? By developing a disruptive innovative solution: a membrane-less redox flow battery that works exclusively with organic chemistry. Despite the name, our system is the simplest large-scale stationary energy storage you can imagine, usable by energy-intensive industries as well as energy utilities seeking cheap and sustainable energy storage solutions.
an Electrochemist in our Development Team,
you will play a pivotal role in exploring
new strategies for the membrane-less redox flow battery technology. Your role at UP will be at the interface of electrochemistry, material science and mass
What you will do:
- Study transport processes and electrochemical reactions in electrolyte using fundamental and applied approaches.
- Design and optimize electrolyte formulations.
Explore the regeneration of electrodes and explore alternative carbon materials.
- Manage R&D projects in collaboration with our fluid
and execute experiments.
and troubleshoot performance-degrading mechanisms affecting the fabricated
devices using various characterization methods.
- Ensure processes reproducibility and maintain equipment.
UP at international conferences and relevant events.
What you will bring:
(chemistry or physics).
record of innovation related to energy conversion/storage devices.
work in one or more of the following fields: electrochemistry, material
science, and physical chemistry (knowledge of redox flow batteries or similar technologies is a must).
- Practical knowledge of safety practices.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated to work in a dynamic, high-performance, collaborative, young and fun start-up environment.
- Strongly interested in the climate-tech space.
- Independent and detail-oriented.
- Passionate about driving the renewable energy transition.
- Excellent team player.
- Fluent in English; knowledge of German is a plus.
What We Offer?
Join a highly motivated and young team. Be at the forefront of developing the next-generation large-scale energy storage solutions. Your role in the early stages of our exciting journey will make you key in developing and evolving UP, overcoming challenges, and celebrating success together.
Attractive salary package with multiple benefits
Trainings & Events
Trainings for professional growth and social events
Frequent sport activities and outings with colleagues
Tons of opportunities to enjoy the time and do activities together
Sounds like you? We are looking forward to meeting you! Send us your CV and Motivation Letter combined in a single PDF through the "Apply Now!" button below!